4-H Scholarship Process
This information is from a few years ago, but it gives you an idea of what to look for if you would like to apply for a 4-H scholarship. Contact Palm Beach County for more information.
Updated from 4-H Palm Beach County email: June 2016
4-H Can be a great resume builder for High School Seniors.
The deadline for 4-H Senior County and State Scholarships is June 1st, 2016. The scholarship requirements for Palm Beach County scholarships are similar to that of Florida 4-H. It is my highest recommendation that any youth applying for a scholarship with the county or state should apply to both. Florida 4-H has moved to an electronic application process for state scholarships. Please see the attachment “scholarship summary” for more information. Please keep reading for the Palm Beach County 4-H application process.
To complete your application for the county please complete the steps highlighted below. The 2016 Scholarship Cover Letter and 2016 Scholarship Cover Page are attached and provide more information.
A complete Scholarship Portfolio Application must contain the following:
1. PBC 4-H Scholarship Cover Page (See 4-H Website)
2. Senior Portfolio (See 4-H Website)
3. 1-2 page Resume
4. 2-3 page Narrative Statement :
Write a two-page narrative summarizes and highlights how you have benefited from your 4-H experiences.
Be specific with your examples; don't use slang, you are writing for judges who are evaluating your 4-H career... much as an employer evaluates your letter of application.
5. A statement to explain your financial need for the chosen scholarship(s) that is no longer than one page.
6. A transcript of official high school/college grades.
7. Two letters of recommendation from references such as a school counselor, academic advisor, instructor, or employer.
8. Disbursement Form